Literary Insights

Literary Insights: A Book Lovers Review



Monday, August 4, 2014

Guilt by Association by Marcia Clark



As a member of the elite Special Trials division, Los Angeles DA Rachel Knight was accustomed to investigating and prosecuting high profile cases. When a close associate and fellow prosecutor within their division is found dead, she simply cannot believe that the obvious explanation of a murder/suicide is accurate. Convinced that Jake was not a pedophile, did not commit suicide or murder, with the help of her friend Detective Bailey Keller, Rachel risks her job and her life to covertly find the answer to Jake's death.
 I was looking forward to a great legal mystery with some courtroom drama. This book did not live up to my expectations. The plot itself is interesting but it read more like a TV drama and not a very good one.  I did enjoy reading about a DA's involvement in investigating and prosecuting cases. Sadly, that was largely overshadowed by Clark spending too much time describing the room, the person's clothes all the meals, alcoholic drinks and designer labels we were forced to endure. By the time Clark gets to the real story Guilt by Associations is disjointed and does not flow. I love a good mystery romance that leaves me guessing until the end but Guilt by Association  was not one of the books that I would recommend.
I received a copy of eBook from Net Galley and Publisher Mulholland Books for my review.

Like Share Tag Comment Repost To SAVE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment