- Christ in the Scriptures: A new segment in each book’s introduction; Christ in the Scriptures traces the Christ-centered salvation theme present throughout the Bible.
- Bible Time Notes: These notes, found throughout the study Bible, provide facts of secular history, culture, and archaeology during biblical times, giving you a historical context for the scriptures.
- How to Use Bible Study Tools: A new article on using various reference tools such as dictionaries, concordances, and commentaries is included; empowering you with additional resources in your study.
- Cross references: More scriptural cross-references, found in the center portion of each page, are included in this new edition.
- Commentary Footnotes: The page-by-page commentary on which you rely has been revised and updated to include the latest in biblical scholarship and insight.
- Index and Concordance: The comprehensive index contains listings from all the study Bible’s features, in alphabetical order, of the study Bible. Also included is a 195-page concordance.
- Over 100 articles on key Bible doctrines
- 350 word studies with Strong's numbers
- Full-color maps
- Book introductions, outlines, and timelines
- Bible Times and culture notes
- Prophetic stars: cross reference to messianic prophecies predictions and fulfilled
- Teachings and illustrations of Christ
- Parables of Jesus
- Miracles of Jesus
- Prayers of the Bible
It is written in paragraph form which makes it an easy format to read. This Study Bible is filled with great tools to help you in your reading. Whether you want to read it devotional style or chapter to chapter, this Study Bible is a great choice.
I have enjoyed looking through the pages of this bible and find many interesting tools to help with your study of God’s word. However, this version does not come with the words of Christ in red but, I was able to get used to it. Just check before you buy some do come with the words of Christ in Red. The stars indicating messianic prophecies are not where I thought they should be (near the verse); it is in the center cross reference. The maps and articles are thorough.
I would recommend this bible for those who want to study God’s word. Thomas Nelson Bibles are giving back through the God’s Word in Action program. Donating a portion of profits to World Vision, “we are helping to eradicate poverty and preventable deaths among children. Learn more and discover what you can do at www.seegodswordinaction.com.” I received copy of the NKJV Study Bible, second edition, full color edition, from Thomas Nelson Publishing in their BookLook for bloggers program for my review.